Monday, February 16, 2009

It's been....One Week (since you looked at me)

Griffin has arrived.  One week ago at 8:20am he came into the world covered in tons of crisco looking goop!  He is such a sweet little (or not so little) boy.  He was 9 lbs 5 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. He is eating and sleeping wonderfully (so far).  We're all thrilled that he's safe and sound.

The delivery went fairly routine except for about a minute and a half when my blood pressure dropped very quickly and I felt like I couldn't breathe, but luckily that issue was remedied quickly.  David had given me a blessing the night before and one of the things he said was that I would be "articulate in my ability to tell doctors what was going on with my body."  It was very clear in my mind when I started to feel the sensation that I couldn't breathe on the operating table that I needed to tell the doctors.  It took me a few seconds to focus on what was happening, but then I remembered David's blessing and told the anesthesiologist what I was feeling and he pushed some meds that stopped my blood pressure from dropping.  I'm very grateful for David and the insight he felt as he gave that blessing.  That was a panic that I do not want to feel again anytime soon!

The kids are loving Griffin and Jane has become the best helper (not a surprise there).  She wants to hold him at night and does for a while so we can get Blake to sleep....if only we could get her to change diapers we'd be in business.  Our little family is complete!

4 comments:

Angie said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! He is absolutely adorable!!!! i can't wait to see him but i am a little hesitant with my kids. they would smuggle him home!

Blogging to Blog said...

I am so happy for you! What a cutie and it sounds like he has plenty of weight on him! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Ohmygosh he's adorable! Another sweet little--or not so little--Rubert in the world. Congratulations!

Marika's Blog said...

Molly. Griffin is adorable. Hopefully I'll get down there soon and hold him for you!!