Friday, September 19, 2008

Late Night Camping.




Tonight we decided to take the kids on a "family date."  We went to the Nickelcade in Orem, then got Slurpees at 7-11, then on the way home Jane said "Hey dad, you said that we were going to sleep in a tent tonight."  

It was sprinkling, it was windy, and it was also  8:45 at night.  I started to tell Jane about how late it was, how dark it was, etc. trying to give David an "out" so he wouldn't have to camp in the front yard.  Apparently I'm married to a true SuperDad because he replied:  "Sure Jane, do you want to sleep in the front yard or back yard?"  

Right now Max, Jane and David are crammed into a two man tent eating popcorn and watching Mulan on a laptop.  

My kids do not know how lucky they are to have a dad like David.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

you're right, they have a great dad! they will remember that night!

akelly said...

How much fun is that!!!! What a great day for your kids and you guys. I hope your tent was waterproof so the kids and DAvid didn't get wet.

Molly said...

The tent was waterproof....and the best part is that I didn't get wet (I was inside warm and toasty in my bed).

Tavia said...

That's AWESOME!