Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Max

Today Max turned 7.  Technically he still isn't 7 until 11:59 tonight, as David tried to explain to Max tonight while tucking him in, but we'll let it slide. 
Max has been such a hilarious little kid in our family.  He is certainly starting to grow up and we are starting see him moving into another stage of life.  I miss the little boy who used to play with my hair when I'd tuck him in at night, but I also love the fact that today when he came home from school he ran inside, pulled out his homework and started working on his math before I said anything.  
He's growing up and there isn't much we can do about it.  
Happy Birthday Max.  

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Tell Max that I was also born at 11:59 pm. I always felt like my birthday wasn't really my birthday. I even stayed up to watch the clock turn on my 16th birthday. No one else seems to pay much attention to the time of their birth. I wonder why we do.
-Wendy

Molly said...

For some reason that 11:59 moment is magical. My niece was born 12 hours later (today being her birthday), and I'm glad that our kids have their own birthday. It was fun being in the same hospital as her two doors down. Made it a lot easier for my parents to come and visit us.
I'll have to tell Max when he's older he can wait up and watch the actual moment!

Angie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Max!!!!! It is nice to have their own individual birthdays. The thing I found funny was when people asked us if we planned it that way. Keep up the whole math homework motivation! That is awesome!