Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tax write off.

Another fun New York story.  

I took a few of my bagettes to New York hoping to pass by some cute boutique shops and drop off a bag or two with my business card inside.  I carried a few with me wherever we went and as it turned out I was able to give 3 bags out to celebrities!
The first bag I gave went to Marcia Cross when we were waiting in the stand-by line to get into Regis and Kelly on Monday morning.  She drove into the little garage and I literally caught her eye and showed her the bag and although she didn't get out of the car, she saw the bag and I tossed it under the garage door as it was coming down.  When the door opened 5 minutes later (after she had gotten out of the car) the driver of the towncar had the bag in the front of the car.  Hopefully she liked it.
After we didn't get in for Regis and Kelly we took the subway to South Manhattan for lunch at Katz Deli.  While we were there Mare Winningham came and sat down at the table next to us.  I gave her a bag too.  She was so cute about it.  As I was walking away my mom heard her say "that was so cute of her" and she held it up for her lunch date to see.  She was very kind and sweet.
So the last bag that I gave was to Lauren Conrad.  And if you are thinking "Who is Lauren Conrad" then you're with me.  Apparently she is uber-famous and I guess all the paparazzi were waiting outside the Late Show with David Letterman was proof of that.  I actually took this photo as she came out and a few minutes later I gave her a bag.  She said "cute" and then handed it to another girl in her entourage.  
Who knows what will happen with any of the bagettes that I "donated," but I tell you what, if it helps me count my trip as a tax deduction then I'll take it!

3 comments:

Blogging to Blog said...

That's awesome! I think those celebrites will LOVE your bags, who wouldn't!

Angie said...

That is great! Anytime you can make a tax deduction for something...use it up! I know who Lauren Conrad is....who is Mare Wittingham or whatever?

Molly said...

She was on St. Elmo's Fire, and she's been on TONS of other stuff. She's a great actress that is in a lot of series things (Law and Order, Grey's Anatomy, etc.)