Saturday, November 15, 2008

Perfect Christmas Light Day

From the moment Jane woke up this morning she was begging David to let her get on the roof to help put up Christmas lights.  She was a patient little girl waiting most of the day playing with her friends, asking every so often if it was time to get on the roof.  
While she didn't exactly "help," she had a great time playing with one of her stuffed animals while David put up the lights.  We got all the lights up today and I'm thrilled that we can check that off our little (or not so little) list of things to do.  Next it will be my job to decorate the inside of the house....but I'm waiting at least until next Saturday.
I suppose I could've moved the trash can and bags of leaves, but give me some credit....I took this photo in my robe at 8:30pm and had to get inside fast--it's COLD tonight!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love Christmas. I had mike put up our Christmas lights the day after Halloween because I was worried that it would get too cold. But low and behold, today was a great day. I love the lights on the window and bushes. The garbage can just adds personality.

Noell-Hyman said...

It's so pretty! I love Christmas lights. And your house looks so nice and pretty, too. I've been enjoying my Christmas tree for the past week, but I'm holding off on decorating the rest. Can't go TOO extremely overboard. ;)"