Thursday, July 24, 2008

You should see the other guy.

Max received a black eye thanks to a wicked game of frisbee with his Uncle Steve.  While Max wasn't excited about it at the moment, it quickly turned into a daily "how purple is it today?" contest as soon as he would wake up.  
On Sunday I told Max that when his Sunday school teacher asked what happened he needed to reply with, "You should see the other guy."  To which Max replied, "Mom, I'm not going to lie, I'm going to tell the truth, my Uncle hit me with a frisbee."  I felt a little sheepish until later on in the day when David (who was out of town) called.  I heard this half of the conversation from Max while on the phone with his dad:

Max says:  "Dad my eye is even more purple today"
pause
Max says:  "Mom told me to say the same thing!"
pause
Max says:  "But Dad, I'm not going to LIE!"

They say it's important to make sure that both parents are on the same side while teaching children......however, I think David and I are both on the wrong side.

3 comments:

Erica said...

oh, I love that story!!

Janis said...

That is awesome!!! I love your parenting technique. I will have to remember them!

Angie said...

That is a picture that you keep and show his girlfriends in years to come. That is great!!!!!!!