Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hot Air Balloons

We have started a fun tradition in our family of going to Provo to watch the Hot Air Balloons during the Freedom Festival.  It's crazy waking the kids up at 5:30 in the morning, and they are always cranky until we get to Bulldog Field where the fun starts.  

Blake thoroughly enjoyed the balloons.  He was mesmorized for a good hour watching the balloons fill up and take off.

Once Max and Jane woke up and the sun came out, they got a little goofy.  They have loved these mornings!
Waiting for the balloons to come back for the target game (the balloons try to throw out a bean bag from their baskets to hit a target in the middle of the field).  This year only one balloon made it back because of the air currents, but it was the Bank of American Fork balloon so our kids were excited.
The whole family getting into the action.
The first year we went (2006)
The second year (2007)
This year (2008)


4 comments:

Tavia said...

What a great family tradition! I've never gone, but I usually have to work and get to see the balloons from the hospital...which is pretty close! I love your pictures. We'll have to go with you so we know a good spot to be.

Natalie said...

That's awesome! I need to do that next year...hope you don't mind if we crash your party.

Jenn said...

That's still on my to do list for someday. You've inspired me so maybe next year will be our year. Any ideas on how to go up in the hot air balloon. Now, that truly is on my to do list.

Molly said...

I'd Love to have everybody come and join us. It's so much fun and you get to watch the sunrise over the mountains...it really is just beautiful.

Jane told me that she wanted to go up in one of the balloons, but for this event I think it's all just the owners of the aircrafts that go up. I'm sure there is some other way to go up, but probably not on that day.