Sunday, March 30, 2008

Faith is like a coconut seed

We had a Family Home Evening lesson a while ago about how Faith is like a seed.  We read in Alma 32 about planting a seed and then having faith that it would grow.  Well, while we were in Hawaii I picked up this teensy little coconut "seed" (at least it looked like what a coconut tree seed should look like) and we brought it home.  Max and Jane were convinced that we could plant it and we could grow a coconut tree for our home in Utah.  When we did the lesson on faith the kids decided that they were going to put the plan into action.

David got the "seed" and planted it.  It sat on our counter next to the sink for the next THREE months (driving me nuts having a pile of dirt just hanging around), but two days ago the darn little thing popped up.  I couldn't believe it.  I showed David and told him that lo and behold, the seed has sprouted.  We were going to grow a coconut tree!  

It was then that David told me that Jane had put some apple seeds into the pot as well. So either a coconut tree or an apple tree is going to be growing next to our sink (my money is on the apple seed).

No comments: