Friday, June 6, 2008

Dooce

I got to meet Heather Armstrong last night.  For most of you this is no big deal, you've probably never even heard of her, but for me it was like meeting an old friend that I've been dying to see. I've been reading Dooce.com for over two years (and note:  before you hit that link button....she's crass, she swears and is a "reformed" mormon.  If you liked the movie Juno, you'll probably like reading Heather's blog, but don't say I didn't warn you).  

Heather is the ultimate blogger.  She has had some serious success at blogging and was recently featured on the Today Show as the "goddess of the mommie-bloggers."  She was having a book signing up in SLC and I couldn't resist. I met her mom as well and she was delightful.
 
They were also filming for a pilot show about her life and they filmed some of the people in line.  I was one of them.  I started getting teary while I was talking about why I feel like I could relate to Heather, etc. and felt like a bit of a dork, but there have been days where I've been so tired as a mom, not wanted to be a mom that day or something like that and then I'll read her funny, quirky little entry about how her daughter is throwing a fit over a lost Polly Pocket shoe and suddenly my day is better.  

I know, it doesn't really make sense, but I love her site and I think she is awesome.  Go Dooce!

3 comments:

Blogging to Blog said...

My dad was telling me about her the other day. He said she was on "Nightline" and that she reminded him of me. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing! I have to check out her blog.

Molly said...

Definetly a good thing. She was also on Utah Now and they did a full 30 minute interview with her. That was the best interview I've seen so far. She really is amazing.

dan said...

BYU should get rid of its English Dept. It cranks out heretics. :)