Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Zoo

I don't really like the zoo.  I mean, I like the animals and everything (especially the Giraffes), but there is something about the zoo that drives me nuts.  My kids usually end up hurt, or fighting, and they are constantly hungry.  I'm always searching for snacks for the kids, sunscreen to make sure they aren't burnt, and drinks for the seemingly parched children.  
Yesterday we went to the zoo with a bunch of friends and while the kids had an absolutely wonderful time, I still ended up driving home feeling completely exhausted.  My kids fell asleep in the car ride on the way home and when we got home they told their dad all about the great day they had at the zoo.  
I guess the zoo is great when you're a kid and you don't have to worry about all the mom stuff. Maybe one of these days I'll go to the zoo by myself and we'll see if I have a different experience (yeah, right....can you imagine that conversation:  "Honey, would you mind watching the kids, I think I'm going to go to the zoo."  To which my husband's reply would certainly be something like:  "Um, Honey, I think you're already there").

No comments: