Sunday, June 8, 2008

Estonian Birthday Cakes

I've made a few cakes for my kids birthdays.  But last year for Jane's birthday I decided to just buy one instead.  Jane wanted a theme cake and I decided to go to Wal-Mart to find a cake for her.  I talked with the lady who decorates the cakes and when she found out that Jane's theme was "Flowers" she lit up.  It turns out that making flowers was her specialty.  I told her she could just put flowers all over and it would be fine.  I had no idea she would turn her cake into such a masterpiece.

This year I went back to Wal-Mart.  It turns out the lady who made the cake last year was back from Estonia just in time to make Jane's cake again.  This year Jane wanted butterflies.  I told the lady that she could just use her imagination and that I trusted her with whatever she came up with.  She lit up again and said she had the perfect idea.
It was amazing.  If you ever want a cake that looks more like art, go to Wal-Mart and ask for the lady from Estonia.  I believe her name is Nikita, she works on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays from 1pm - 9pm.  

3 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW! Now that's not your typical Wal-mart cake. I bet she was thrilled!

Blogging to Blog said...

Those cakes are amazing! Chloee's birthday is coming up, I think I'll be making a trip to the Walmart bakery!

Molly said...

They really are awesome. We were so sad when we had to cut into it, but the kids LOVED eating the flowers and Jane is now playing with all the plastic butterflies. Be sure to tell you we sent you....she really does get a kick out of it. We have to go in and give her a big tip because she is never there when we pick up the cakes and Jane wants to tell her Thank You for doing such a good job.