Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bike with Freddie

So I got back from my bike ride today and was telling David about how awesome it is to ride your bike listening to Queen.  He said I should let you all know about it.  
I've tried to bike listening to BareNaked Ladies, and it just doesn't do it for me.  That music is better for the elliptical, and the Beatles are great for jogging, but nothing beats Queen for a bike ride.  Imagine with me for a moment....you're on a flat road, able to go pretty fast and "A Kind of Magic" comes on....it's truly is magical.  Then, you come to a hill....a hard hill....a hill that you are thinking you are going to have to stop and rest kind of a hill....and "We Are The Champions" comes on and you plug on through because, let's face it--You are a champion.  
But the ultimate song that makes it all just so amazing:  "Fat Bottom Girls."  If you've never heard it, trust me---you'll be smiling, pedaling and just loving life while listening to that song.  
Go out and have a ride and take Freddie Mercury along.  He's a great travel companion.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

you are awesome! i think i'll have to download some of those songs. :) sounds like you're really getting into biking. FUN!