Saturday, April 12, 2008

Deal or No Deal

Yes, I'm a goofball.  I actually got up early this morning and went to the casting call for Deal or No Deal in SLC.  I stood in line from 5:30 am until 10:30 when I got to stand in front of a casting director and give my 20 second spiel.  It was actually pretty fun.  I took my iPod and watched 2 movies while sitting in line.  (which if you've read the past couple of blog entries you'll know that I've had a tough last few days and it was a needed break).

So when you actually get up to the casting director they take 10 people at a time and you stand around a table and they give you 20 second to talk--literally.  She had a stop watch that she would use and when it beeped you just stopped talking.  After we all said our thing she picked ME and another girl to stay behind.  At that point I started having fun.  The next level of casting director came over and listened to me talk for about 30 seconds, he asked me questions and then went on to the next girl.  That poor girl only said her name and the guy walked away.  I guess that is how they do it.  

I didn't get to go to the final level to meet the grand poobah casting director who was behind a sheet like the Wizard of Oz or something, but at least I got through one level.  :)

3 comments:

Katrell said...

I admire your willingness to stand in line that long....of course the possibility of being cast and winning money was an incentive. Congratulations for making it on the next level. Did I ever tell you I did 15 minutes standing in line at the MTV Real World casting call in downtown Provo? After 15 minutes I recognized how ludicrous the idea was and left the line....talk about delusional behavior manifesting. What was I thinking?

Molly said...

There is something enticing about the whole reality t.v. thing. I think the show that I'd stand in line all day long for would be The Amazing Race. That would be the ultimate dream show. I've known a few others to try their luck at casting calls. I guess I'm part of the herd now. Moo!

Jenn said...

My sister Lindsay went and stood in the same line. She didn't even get past the first cut, but she said she had a good time. She was surprised by how tough it was to say the right thing in less than 10seconds. Congratulations on making any cut!