Saturday, April 26, 2008

I love Park City

Yesterday was awesome.  

The show was great, for many reasons:

#1--Shelly was right next to me (my friend who introduced me to the show), and although we didn't get to chat much during the show, both our families went to dinner afterwards which was wonderful.

#2--David came up with the kids during the show and I think he was pleasantly surprised at how fun the show was.  The kids had a blast as well.  The elementary school had tons of volunteers that were helping the kids do art projects (the entire evening is a benefit to help raise money for the public school for ART.  They usually raise over $5,000 each year--incredible!)  There are now a few more "pets" in our house (pet rocks--phew!)

#3--I saw so many people I recognized from last year.  There were many people who said, "I bought a few of these last year to give as gifts, but I kept them all for myself so I guess I should buy some this year for actual gifts".  It's always great to see people come back again.

#4--A gentleman was looking at my booth for a while, then he walked away a few steps, made a phone call while looking at the booth, then came to talk to me.  He was a Upper Management Type Guy from Glenwild Golf Course who wanted to buy 50-60 bags for some women golfers that were coming in for a tournament.  He would just be giving them as complimentary gifts for the ladies.  AWESOME!  However he had to get the stamp of approval from his "partner".  

When his partner showed up she was this gorgeous little thing who (thankfully) loved the purses as well.  

They ended up buying 75 bags right there and then.  They wanted to have a few extra so that the women always had a choice and wouldn't feel that they were getting the last pick (smart business decision).  Anyway, when I called David and told him he had to bring me more bags he was freaking out that I didn't get him at least one golf game at the course (apparently it's an extremely elite, private course).  I'm just happy with the huge sale.

Sometimes doing little shows like this are extremely beneficial.  Sometimes you make contacts (like Shelly who I met at another show, but invited me to this one as well); sometimes, because it's a small show, the community comes out in droves to support the cause; sometimes you get a major sale like I did this past time.  Most of the time it's just great because you get to know people when you do the show multiple times and you feel a sense of belonging where people appreciate you.

Again, this business does so much for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It's always great when something you work hard at has some success. Way to go!