Friday, April 25, 2008

Park City

Today I'm going to a "show".  That's what I call it when I head out to sell my purses at a boutique, or an art fair, etc.  The show starts at 4 and goes until 8.  It's a very small show, but I did this same show last year at the request of my friend Shelly and it was great.  
It's done at an elementary school where they have raffles, arts and crafts for the kids, and about 25 vendors.  I was a little leary of doing a show that was so small last year, but it was a great success.  This year I'm going to have David bring up the kids when he gets home from work because the crafts that they had were awesome.  I think they'll enjoy themselves up there and it will give me a chance to show my kids what mom is actually doing when she leaves for her shows.

I love the fact that I have this little business.  It provides so much for me.  I get great confidence from hearing that people love something that I created.  The other day I got a phone call from a lady who found my internet site because she had stopped a woman in the grocery store to ask her where she got her "bagette".  Then she called me to tell me how cute she thought they were and she bought one herself, had her sister buy two and her sister told a friend and her friend bought two as well.  

Can you imagine how something like that could just make your day?  

It made my week. 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Molly, what's your website for your bags???

Molly said...

It's: www.thebagette.com

I should put a link in for that.
Perhaps I shall right now :)